Thursday, October 16, 2014

pinwheel quilt and new treasures

Hello sweet friends!
Hope that you are enjoying some lovey autumn weather! It has finally cooled down and I have been enjoying those crisp cool autumn days and nights. 
I was so excited the other day to get some happy mail with my pinwheel quilt arriving back from the talented and sweet Donna of Donna's Lavender Nest who so beautifully quilted it for me! I just love how it turned out! She did such an awesome job!!
Here is a peak at the back. I used a vintage sheet which I just love using, and found some of these pretty aqua stripes for the binding. I can't wait to get it all finished, so I can start cuddling up with it!
So, this is my newest treasure that I am loving! I have been wanting a small chalkboard for awhile, and actually passed one up that was smaller than this at estate sale because of the price. Well, the other day at the thrift store, this beauty was waiting for me to bring it home and for under $5! It is meant to hang on the wall and not really sure of the history. Maybe it hung in a classroom or store?
So, I had a little practice on my chalkboard art for Halloween. It's not the best, but hopefully I'll get better. I am not great when it comes to drawing. ;) And, you can see my first little Gurley witch girl candle that I found, too. Her face is gone, but she's still cute!
This is another recent find that I am so looking forward to getting stitched up for the holidays. I have been on the look for this pattern, and how fun to have it already stamped, and ready to stitch away!

Well, thank you for all your lovely comments on my new autumn pretties! I have been working away on custom orders, and will soon be starting my Christmas goodies. 

Wishing you all a most lovely weekend, and thank you so much for coming by to visit with me! xo Heather

                                        

14 comments:

  1. Such lovely new treasures Heather!! I just love that chalkboard, that will be fun for many holidays to come!! Such a sweet deer pattern, can't wait til you stitch it up, it will be so cute!! And love your sweet quilt!!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilt!! OHhh.. someday Im going to make one...
    love the chalk board too. nice find! I love using my chalk boards.
    have a great weekend
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that was my block in the front! I am so happy to see it in a finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such soft delicate pinwheels. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely quilt Heather! Love the chalkboard too! Have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pinwheels, that is a really lovely quilt, Heather. Your chalkboard is a wonderful find, and your spooky drawing on it looks very good....I always find it vErY hard to draw and write nicely on a chalkboard!!
    Happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts turned out so pretty! Love the vintage sheet backing. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty pastel quilt Heather. Genius idea to use a vintage sheet for the back. Your chalkboard is sweet, love how you decorated it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather I am so happy that you love your quilt, it makes my heart sing. You are so sweet. Love your new treasures.
    Your chalk board art is just perfect.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is so beautiful, Heather! And I'm positively swooning over the sweet deer find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heather.
    The quilt turned out so pretty!! I'm pretty certain that my mom and dad had that same pattern of sheet that you used for your quilt backing....
    Nice chalkboard.. so neat to have the built in drawer too.

    Hope that today is a great day for you!!

    {{hugs}}

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is looking fabulous. That vintage sheet backing is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Your quilt is very pretty and so are all your makes. I've enjoyed visiting here and looking at your lovely creations. I like your latest vintage/thrift find too!
    Marion (my-two-girls@blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful as always and I love your spooky blackboard!

    S x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!