Saturday, March 28, 2015

hello spring


http://vintagegreyhandmade.blogspot.com/
 Happy sweet day and spring to you!
Hope that you have been doing wonderfully! I've been busy working on some new spring items for the shoppe. 
I made these pretty tulip pillows using the sweet tulip pattern from Lori Holt's Quilty Fun book!
http://vintagegreyhandmade.blogspot.com/
 This was my first time using an 18" pillow form and it worked out great for the size of tulips. I hand quilting them which is hard to see in these photos, and did a little stitching around the edge for a sweet touch. They will be headed to the shoppe in early April!
http://vintagegreyhandmade.blogspot.com/
 I also made my first hexie pillow which I love and will be hard for me to let go, but it will also be headed to my shoppe! It was a great way to use all those pretty small scraps of fabric. Now I just need to make myself one soon! ;)
  I've been hand stitching some large dahlia's for some tea towels and love how they are turning out. There is something relaxing about doing them by hand. It definitely takes longer but worth the end result.
I'm also in the process of working on a cute strawberry appliqué pillow cover that I'm excited to see finished. 
Thank you so much for visiting with me and you can get some more sneak peaks at my new spring items over on my IG!
Wishing you all a most lovely and crafty weekend! xo

                                           

10 comments:

  1. Hello Heather! Everything is just perfectly wonderful! The fabric on the hexie pillow - is the pink a peachie kind of pink? The reason I ask is that my floral couch is peachy and I do love the hexie pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy sweet day Heather! Oh my goodness your pillows are soooooo beautiful! Love those tulips! And the sweet hexi pillow that has so much time and love in it from you! So sweet!! Loving those cute strawberries too, those will be perfect!! :) Have a lovely weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful!!! Tulips are my favourite flowers!! You are great, Heather!!! A big hug, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cushions. So pretty.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much pretty here, Heather, the essence of spring! Love the tulips.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the tulip pillow! sooo stinking cute! so is the hexi one. You are very talented!
    happy sunday
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillows are so cute. You do the most beautiful work my dear. Hope you are enjoying Spring.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much pretty here and, as usual, fab fabrics.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet pillows, and such a lot of work!
    I never cease to be amazed at your talents :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, as always! I love seeing all of your photos as I scroll through Instagram, they always bring a smile to my face :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!