Thursday, September 25, 2014

autumn is here

Happy Autumn!
So happy that fall is here! Our weather is still a little warm, but hopefully soon those crisp, cool days will be here! I have been super busy with getting my fall items for the shoppe made and ready for my reopening in early October.
I celebrated my "32" birthday a couple weeks ago and spent a nice quite day just relaxing. My mom sent me a birthday box full of family treasures. These sweet Pyrex bowls were a wedding gift when my parents got married. So, I am excited to have them now and they are perfect for fall!
I went to a antique shop and treated myself to these sweet peach vintage canisters. I'll have to keep my eye out for the other sizes to complete the set!
 I finished my mini apple wall quilt! I hand quilted it, so it took a little longer, but love how it turned out!
 And, to finish it off I used a sweet apple print for the binding. I am thinking of starting a little mini quilt for each season, so maple leaves are up next!
A few peaks at what will be in my shoppe coming early October for fall!! Pretty vintage tablecloth floral appliqué tea towels,
pretty maple leaf coasters,
fall pillow covers, and lots more! I will be posting once it gets closer to my shoppe reopening!

I hope that you are all doing wonderfully!! I have lots of catching up to do! I am on Instagram daily, so you can pop on over and visit with me there, too!

Wishing you all a beautiful first week of autumn!! xo

                                        

23 comments:

  1. Your little apple quilt is just delightful! When I married in the 70's I wanted an apple kitchen in reds and black wrought iron. You can imagine how hard it was to find anything red in the time of harvest gold and orange and mushroom cannisters. I would have made that same little quilt back then to hang on the wall. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the pillow and those bowls are so special.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little quilts. Yours is really nice. I like the idea of one for each season. Happy Birthday. Tell your mom that mine is coming up soon, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Such sweet gifts! Loving all your latest creations and sneak peeks on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that Pyrex pattern!! I have the butter dish, but would love to find some of the bowls.

    You are so talented. I love everything you make!

    Happy Birthday! My birthday was last week and my age seems to be stuck on "29." :)

    I inherited my daughter's old iphone, so I am going to try to get hooked-up with instagram this evening. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You can celebrate the entire month of your birthday!!! Very nice gifts from your mom and keepsakes too!
    I see you are busy making more linens/gifts.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you!! Glad you were able to treat yourself to a special day. Love the Pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this post. So yummy! Apple crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That apple print binding was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the pyrex bowls are beautiful…..
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the birthday goodies your mom sent! I do love fall too... I love all seasons.. (Im lying.. Im trying to convince myself that I LOVE winter...) The leaves are just starting to turn a little here and its supposed to be a beautiful weekend! Have a great one!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  12. I oohed when I saw your beautiful Pyrex, how special for your Mom to give it to you! Love everything you've been working on, just lovely. The apple wall quilt is so precious, and love the tablecloth towels and pillow, well just love everything! You truly are gifted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are all so cute!
    love the trims and those rosy prints too : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday a little late:) LOVE that vintage recipe! Enjoy all of your sweet gifts! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your latest creations are gorgeous. Love the little apple quilt and will be perfect to display for fall decor. Happy belated birthday!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful week :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving those pyrex bowls! A belated Happy Birthday from me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your mini apple quilt! Hope you are well, Heather. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated Birthday my dear. Your bowls are great for fall, love them. Looks like you scored at the antique store. Your handmade goodies are awesome. I just love everything you make.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful autumn post, I loved seeing your sweet makes. I still treasure my lovely leaf coaster that you made and I won in your giveaway ages ago :)
    Wishing you a very happy belated birthday, dear Heather, and a wonderful year ahead!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Heather.
    Sending you belated "Happy, Happy Birthday" wishes!!
    What sweet gifts your mom sent you! Love the bowls!

    All of your handiwork items are so beautifully done! Nice job!!

    {{hugs}}

    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  22. What SWEET things!! LOVE those bowls....a great color for Autumn! Hope your birthday was beautiful and blessed~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Pyrex and the canisters are perfect, and I love that adorable apple quilt. Can't wait to see what you've stitched up for the fall line in your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!