Friday, March 16, 2012

interview with serena from the farm chicks


Well, I have the most exciting post for you today! The most lovely and inspiring Serena Thompson, from The Farm Chicks, is launching her newest venture called My Favorite Find this Monday, March 19th!



 I have had the most wonderful pleasure to interview Serena about this amazing new resource for vintage lovers and hunters all over the world! Shall we get started! 


Heather:  Please share what My Favorite Find is?  
 Serena:  My Favorite Find is like a virtual show-and-tell.  You can search for, share, and find great shoppes and events like antiques shows, yard sales, auctions, and more in your area and then show-and-tell your finds.
Heather:  Describe your inspiration behind My Favorite Find?  
Serena:  I was receiving a lot of mail from readers, asking where they could find great events or shoppes in their corners of the world.  After trying to find a resource for them, I realized nothing like it existed, so I knew I needed to create it myself.  And I did!

Heather:  How can one get involved? 
Serena:  That's the best part.  Anyone can participate, anywhere in the world.  Or say you're heading somewhere new and want to know about great shoppes in that area or events that may be going on.  And then, you want to make an itinerary, complete with directions to each of the stops.  You can do it all on My Favorite Find.

 
Heather:  What are you most excited about in launching My Favorite Find?  
Serena:  I love that it will be an amazing resource for small businesses, as well as anyone having a backyard sale or great event.  It really opens the world up to the users.
Heather:  What is your hope for My Favorite Find?  
Serena:  My goal is to connect the seekers and the finders together, all in one place, like never before.
Heather:  Is there anything special that you would want to share about My Favorite Find?  
Serena:  The site launches on Monday, March 19th!  To join, simply enter in your email address here:  http://myfavoritefind.com


Thank you so much Serena for this opportunity to interview you on this amazing new venture of yours! 

Now, that you are all excited about this great new resource, as much as I am, head on over and join My Favorite Find today! And if you get a chance, you should check out The Farm Chicks Antique Show this coming June! :)

(all photos courtesy by serena of the farm chicks)



Have a most lovely and cheering day! :) 


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't is so exciting! I can't wait for Monday! :) xo Heather

      Delete
  2. Thank you for spreading the word about My Favorite Find!
    Love, Serena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure and joy to be able to have this opportunity! xo Heather

      Delete
  3. Oh how cool!
    Gonna go sign up right now! Thank you for sharing!
    Happy friday :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't going to be awesome! I can't wait for it's launch on Monday! :) Have a beautiful weekend! xo Heather

      Delete
  4. Just found your darling blog. I am one of your newest followers. Hope you have a second and come and visit me.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle! Thank you so much for visiting and becoming my newest follower! Yay! I am heading over to your lovely blog right now! :) Have a most lovely weekend! xo Heather

      Delete
  5. Heather I have to get more people over here. Would it be okay to post about you on Monday and use a few of your pictures. It is so much like home over here. You are my new favorite find. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee, you are so sweet! I would love it, and it would be an honor! ;) It has been such a pleasure becoming blogging friends with you! And my blog is no comparison to your beautiful and inspiring blog! :) xo Heather

      Delete
  6. Such a cute blog! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll be visiting your lovely blog right now! xo Heather

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for the info- I totally need a place to look when I want to do some vintage shopping!
    And thanks for coming by my blog- I snooped around here, and will be back! So many cute things- I especially love the vintage hanky quilt you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! It is so exciting! :) Thank you for coming and visiting! Have a beautiful and blessed weekend! Oh, Happy St. Patty's Day! xo Heather

      Delete
  8. This is wonderful...thank you! I just love Serena! Off to follow the link.
    Thank you for your sweet comments that you left me the other day...what a blessing you are. xoxoo Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she wonderful! I love this new resource she has, and one day I would love to go to her antique show! It looks so fabulous! Have a beautiful and blessed weekend! And Happy St. Patty's Day! :) xo Heather

      Delete
  9. how wonderful!!!! looking forward to it -- and it's on my birthday : ) hope you are feeling great!!! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how exciting! Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a lovely and beautiful day on your birthday! :) xo Heather

      Delete
  10. Hello!
    I will have to follow favorite find more closely I see! Always wanted to attend Farm Chicks when I lived out there, never did :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am excited for it's launch, and can't wait to get some good resources of shoppes and events around my area. I live to far to make it to the show, but one day I hope to be able to go. :) Have a warm, spring Sunday! :) xo Heather

      Delete
  11. This is so interesting. I had not heard anything about it. Thanks so much for spreading the word. :0) What a great opportunity this is for us wee little shop keepers. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure! I am so exciting about getting so good resources of shoppes, events, and good finds in my area! Love it! :) xo Heather

      Delete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!