Monday, November 25, 2013

catch up and christmas treasures

 Happy Monday!
Hope that you had a lovely weekend! Thank you for all your sweet support on my Christmas items for the shoppe! There's still some goodies left and this will be my last year making the vintage tablecloth half dresden tea towels, so get one while you can! ;) 

Well, I caught up on my blocks for Donna's Quilt Sampler this weekend. I really love how they are all turning out and can't wait to see them together in a quilt! 
 These last couple weeks I have been trying to hunt for some Christmas treasures at the local thrifts stores, and was super excited to find my first knee hugger elf and a plastic sparkly "Merry Christmas" sign!
  
Isn't he just so cute!! I have plans to add some prettiness to the plastic sign and use it in my Christmas wreath this year.  
 I also purchased online some vintage Sparkle Christmas mica snow from the 40's, which I am just loving the box graphics.
 One lucky day I stumbled across a bag filled with these gorgeous Christmas corsages for under $2! I was so excited when I got home to take them all out and see how sweet each one was!
 The angel with her horn is so precious, and the blue and silver one is so pretty!
And, the Santa is just the cutest and that one is the only one that says "made in Japan" on the back, so I am not sure if the other ones were handmade or purchased. I love them, and look forward to having them out for Christmas, and maybe even wear one. I know, crazy, but I love this kitchy goodness! 
 At an estate sale I came across some sweet Santa napkins, and plastic poinsettia's, which I have been collecting in hopes to make a wreath out of all of them.
 And,I also found some lovely vintage pot holders and tin molds, which are really coming in handy with storing sequins and other small craft goodies!  
  So, now that the shoppe items are done, my Christmas gifts and projects can start! Yay! There are a few projects from The Workbasket magazines that I want to try including the wreath ornament and poinsettia brooches.
 But, the first project I will be making are felt stockings! I have been wanting to make vintage style felt stockings for awhile and been eying all the sweet vintage ones, so I am setting out this week to give them a try!

Thank you for always brightening my day,and wishing you a most lovely and creative week! And, for those of you in the states, may you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!


28 comments:

  1. Great finds, my heart would have beat faster if I had found those corsages!! and the Christmas elf...And everything else. Your Quilt squares are gorgeous, I have never done quilting and so admire those that do!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vintage finds, Heather! Love your new quilt squares. I love sewing with felt....I am sure your Christmas stockings will be lovely and look forward to seeing what you make!
    Wishing you a happy crafty week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, what fantastic festive finds! Love the Santa napkins and the box of vintage Sparkle Christmas snow.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Heather, Oh wow! You did score at the thrift store! I love the vintage elf....and the Merry Christmas sign. Those are my favorites! The napkins are adorable too! I wouldn't be able to pass on those things either.....TOO SWEET!!! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt squares are just perfect. You always find the best fabrics. I must share this with my mom. Those Christmas corsages are out of this WORLD!!! I rarely find them. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you have been super busy and lucky finding some rather gorgeous goodies. I love all those corsages, aren't they just the best and yes you HAVE to wear on Christmas, I know I sure would be. That elf, oh he is so so cute and I love the way he is hugging his little knees, what a gem to pick up. Loving the glitzy Christmas sign and I think it will look great on a wreath, together with all the other bits that you have collected. The poinsettia brooch looks like a fun project and one that will be so lovely to wear too. I really hope that you have fun getting ready for Thanksgiving and I also hope that your shop does well. Your quilt blocks are lovely, great job done with those. Sending you much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your elf! I've been searching all the thrifts for ANY kind of elf so I can make a yo yo elf but I haven't found ANY! Isn't that weird? Santas, ginger men, snowmen, angels but no elves! Oh well, maybe I'll just make a yo yo wreath. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finds! I love that sweet elf:) Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make the prettiest quilt blocks! Great Christmas finds! I can't wait to see your felt Christmas stockings! I know they'll be so cute! Have a nice day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, Your quilt squares are coming along so nicely. Boy, you hit the jackpot on vintage. I love the snow box and little elf. I would for sure wear one of those pretty corsages during the holidays. SO cute. Can't wait to see your felt stockings. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your finds, especially those corsages. I used to have some years ago that I used as curtain tiebacks during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many lovely treasures! I have such vivid memories of Christmas corsages from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such an eye for everything vintage and sweet. I love the little tins and crocheted pot holders. lots of sweetness happening at your home! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful finds! Takes me back to Christmas as a kid. :-) The first photo is so beautiful, I love the delicate colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds - especially those corsages!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh, I love everything! The Christmas brooches are just fab...I could see one sparkly fantastic vintage soiree happening at your place! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous finds Heather!! I just love those corsages!! Soo very pretty!! If you wear one, I hope you do share a picture with us!! :) Your blocks look so sweet, I can't wait to see it come together either! You always pick the prettiest colors together! Can't wait to see your projects! Have a blessed day and Happy Thanksgiving! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweet finds! Love the corsages and the box of glitter snow is great. Your handmade goodies are always terrific! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful finds! Your sewing is fabulous as always :) I want to go back to the time when corsages like that were worn. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heather, the treasures you found are awesome! Oh, the Christmas sign and Elf! Eke! LOVE them:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what lovely finds, Heather :) I am sure you will enjoy your new goodies this Christmas and I have no doubt that they will look quite charming in your home. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You really scored some great Christmas treasures. I am so in love with vintage Santas. I am sad to hear you are going to stop making your towels. They are all so cute it is hard to choose. Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving week.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many pretties!! You are a good treasure hunter!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heather, I just love all the vintage goodness you found! Lucky you.
    I too think that the items that you found are charming, and you are one girl that really appreciates their uniqueness.

    Can't wait until you make the felt stocking! Years and years and years ago, my Mom made 2 felt Christmas stockings for my oldest brother and oldest sister. That was before the rest of us (4) came along. I always loved Christmas time, and seeing those wonderful, darling felt stockings come out of the box. I wonder what ever happened to them.

    Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heather, those vintage Christmas corsages are wonderful! I especially love the little angel. I'v'e been buying up all the little molds I find, because they are so useful in making ornaments, crafts, and for storage like you mentioned. I wonder if I'll ever use one for it's original purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I work at a thrift store and while your thrift finds would make a few of my coworkers shudder, I'm always telling them that all they need is the right context! And here you go proving that they can be kitschy and cute. :)

    Retrolet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!