Monday, March 25, 2013

a sweet girl

 Happy Monday!
Hope that your weekend was lovely and you were able to enjoy some beautiful weather! On Saturday I went to a dear friend's baby shower and had a wonderful time celebrating her and the baby! I had so much fun making the baby gifts and now that the mommy has opened them, I can show you!
One gift was this cute name garland, that I used some pretty scraps of fabric, appliquéd her name and added a little hand stitching around the letters, and then sewed it on twine. Simple, but sweet! 
  Another gift was a baby quilt that I made using a charm pack from the line Posy by Aneela Hoey, which I just loved when it came out! The colors are so pretty together, and that mint green is gorgeous!
 I tied the quilt with lavender pearl cotton in the corners and washed it to get it crinkly and soft, ready to be cuddled with!
 I also made some pretty burp cloths using white flannel on the back. 
 And, the last little gifts were patchwork baby bibs! I used this template from Amy of NanaCompany and some pretty pink, yellow, and mint prints for the patchwork. These colors are so lovely together and perfect for a spring baby! 
I just love how cute it came out! 
 And, for this one I used some left over prints from the quilt with some pretty vintage lace to adorn it. For both, I used pink gingham ribbon for the ties, and white flannel on the back. 
 These were so sweet to make, and I can't wait to see Naomi wearing them! 
The day of the shower was also my friend's birthday, so I made her a "Bless our Home" hoop art. I am working on a couple for the shoppe, along with one that has strawberries, which I look forward to showing you soon! I was so happy that all the gifts were well received and loved, and I can't wait to meet this precious baby girl in May! 

Wishing you all a most lovely and crafty week!



59 comments:

  1. Heather, these baby gifts are just precious, your friend must be just thrilled. Naomi will be able to use that adorable name garland for years. Such sweet and thoughtful gifts.

    Have a happy week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK how sweet is the patchwork bib? Just love this!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I am in love with your banner and your quilt is pretty darn cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky little baby girl to receive such sweet gifts from you. Everything you make is just precious and beautiful! I'm sure the new Mom loved everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had fun making them all!! xo Heather

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful baby gifts, they are sure to be treasured! I love your sweet makes, and the fabrics you have chosen are just gorgeous, Heather!
    Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness...it's all so very sweet! i'm sure that your friend loved her girfts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naomi is such a lucky girl, they're beautiful! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet gifts, I love the quilt and the bibs! What a lucky baby girl!
    ~Dorothy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is so beautiful Heather. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sew sweet! I have been saving my Posy fabric but this makes me want to cut into it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh - I love the fabric with the little rabbits. everything you have made is so very lovely.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lucky baby girl Naomi is. I just love hand made gifts and you my dear have out done yourself. Everything is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWW those are so sweet Heather! I just love the colors you chose too! The quilt and bibs are so adorable! Happy Monday! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bunny bib prints~ Granddaughter announced, "I want a sister." Mommy said, But it might be a boy, what would we do?" Three year old says, I will say, "Dear God, you're a meanie!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Aww, so cute she is!! ;) xo Heather

      Delete
  15. What a neat friend you are to make and give such nice gifts! I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really "showered" that baby girl with gifts and she is going to feel so loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! It was so fun to make it all for her! xo Heather

      Delete
  17. She sure is one lucky girl recieving so many beautiful handmade gifts! The colors and prints are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi sweet Heather!
    Oh...What sweet and thoughtful gifts. Little Naomi will be all snuggled up in your beautiful blanket and will stay neat as a pin with her pretty bib on.
    You are such a thoughtful person...and, your friend is blessed to have you as her friend.
    Have a wonderful week and happy stitching
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What precious gifts. Your friend must be just thrilled with so many beautiful treasures. That adorable name garland is just so sweet. So many thoughtful gifts. A very lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Wow everything is so so beautiful I bet she loved it all. Those little bibs are adorable with the lace. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such sweet gifts !!! I'm working on the same sort of assortment for my new nephew !!!

    Have a great week!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. What precious, precious gifts...Lovely, Heather. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lucky little girl! I love the quilt-you have such an eye for color. Perfect for a spring baby!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What absolute treasures to receive! You did a wonderful job. Everything is so pretty and you chose such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello sweet Heather! I love your beautiful creations! What a blessing you are to your friends! I love the banner you made and the quilt and bibs! All so sweet and pretty! I love your hoop art and am glad you will have some in your shoppe! I know your friend loved hers and the baby gifts! I hope you have a wonderful and fun week making your beautiful creations! Love you sweetie! Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet Paula!! Lots of love to you, Heather

      Delete
  26. What beautiful baby gifts. I love the quilt and adore the little dribble bibs, too cute. Great fabric. Hannapatxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how how I love a baby shower! The quilt and bibs are so adorable... I especially love the second bib and may have to copy that idea!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  28. So so pretty. I love Aneelas fabrics. You made some beautiful things

    ReplyDelete
  29. What lovely gifts Heather. You always do such nice work! I love Posy as well. I've got a 1/8 yard stack of it sitting on my shelf calling my name. You've inspired me to get sewing! xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such nice work you do! I love Posy as well. You've inspired me to cut into the small stack of it I have sitting on my shelf. Xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet and generous! I'm sure you had lots of fun making these, and I bet your friend was thrilled opening her gifts. Baby showers are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderfully generous friend you are! Those little patchworks are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!