Friday, March 22, 2013

butterball

Happy Friday and Spring!
I hope that your week has been wonderful! I have been busy working on some baby shower gifts and a birthday gift, which I can't wait to share with you next week! The baby shower is tomorrow for a dear friend who is having a sweet girl expected to arrive in May. Yesterday, I finished all the gifts, and they are sweetly wrapped and ready for tomorrow! 

So, since I don't have any crafty photos to share, I thought it would be fun to share this darling vintage book to welcome spring in with you! I picked this up awhile back, and just fell in love with Butterball, that cute little chick! 
The Rand McNally & Company always has the sweetest books and illustrations!!
How adorable are all these sweet chicks!
Mother Hen has such a cute apron, with scallops and polka dots, oh my! 
And, the cutest of them all, Butterball hidden among the dandelions! I will let you enjoy the rest of the book! 
Well, I hope you enjoyed this darling little book! Wishing you all a beautiful and crafty weekend! 


23 comments:

  1. I love this book. You are reminding me that I need to pull out my vintage Easter books from my craft room bookshelf to share with Josie. The graphics are just precious. I can't wait to see pictures of your gift for the baby shower. I'm sure it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Oh thank you for these pages!!!! So cute....Maya is doing a bit better today...the second surgery took great...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really doesn't get any cuter than this! Absolutely darling! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this sweet little book and all of the images :) I can't wait to see your gift for the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet Heather, I love this darling vintage book. I have seen it on Etsy before and will have to go hunt down a copy, as I adore vintage Children's books! Thank you for sharing the sweet illustrations! They are too cute and the story is adorable! Love Butterball! I look forward to seeing the gifts you have made sweetie! I hope you have a wonderful, beautiful and creative weekend dear friend! Lots of love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute book!!! The pictures are so sweet!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not exactly what you think of when you think Butterball. :) He sure is cute! Such sweet illustrations. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how i adore vintage children's books! my best friend inherited all of her mother's books from when she was a child....swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading this when I was a kid. Isn't Butterball cute?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious little book! Just love these.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet book :)
    DARLING Easter banner you made!
    Happy Weekend.
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorites that I recently revisited...Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love those books. This one is so sweet.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those sweet little chicks! Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Heather, I've just finished reading about Butterball...very cute. I used to have quite a few of these kinds of books when I was little, I never read about Butterball though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a sweet little book, and I am glad that I am not the only one who made an unfortunate connection to the name 'Butterball' !

    ReplyDelete
  17. New one on me. Very sweet, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had this book when I was a kid and my uncle gave me the nickname Butterball. I didn't remember the story but after reading it here I realize why he called me Butterball, it fits my personality both then and now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!