Monday, February 27, 2012

lovely granny squares

This past December after I finished sewing all my Christmas presents, I made a goal that I would learn how to crochet.  I just love the way crochet brings a special touch to the edge of a tea towel or coming across vintage crocheted pot holders in antique stores that you can't resist.  I knew that this was a skill that I needed to learn.

So, for the past couple of months I have been learning like crazy with my crochet hook and a lot of yummy yarn at hand.  I have been admiring so many beautiful granny square blankets, and wanted to have one of my own to snuggle up with.


 So, here are my first granny squares! What do you think? 


I was thinking of making a lap size blanket, to keep me cozy on the couch while I crochet more lovely things. So, we'll see how big it gets when I can't think of any more color combinations. Hope you are having a great start to the new week!




4 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your granny squares. Beautifully done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are so fun to make. :)

      Delete
  2. your granny squares are beautiful, Heather! I've been crocheting some too. I find it to be so enjoyable. I have really enjoyed looking at all your vintage goodies. xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so sad that they have been left to the back burner. I have been so busy, and they are sitting there wanting more to be added to the pile! Aren't they so fun to make!! Are you going to be making a blanket with yours? xo Heather

      Delete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!