Thursday, February 23, 2012

vintage treasures

I found some great vintage linens the other day, and I can't wait to make them into something beautiful. I have a new love for vintage tablecloths. There is just something about the lovely faded roses that makes me smile. 


This tablecloth is my favorite! I love the grey roses on the aqua background! 


These pink roses are so sweet and delicate.


 I also just love doilies! There is something very special about handmade doilies. One day I hope I will be able to make some of my own doily goodness. I am still in the learning process of crocheting, so we'll see.


Hope you are having a wonderful week!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, what lovely finds!! Did you find these in a thrift shop? You hit the jackpot. I love when this happens to me. I practically skip out of the shop clutching my new treasures. :-) Helena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helena! I found them in this antique shop and I got a great deal. Half off the tag price! :) Also, the lady who sold them to me said she has more linens and doilies in boxes at home, and that I can come to her house to rummage through! I can't wait! :) Thanks for stopping by, it made my day!
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the history and special character vintage linens have. :) Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh....You did well! Such lovely treasures. It doesn't matter how many I seem to acquire, I still get very excited at the idea of new old linens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree it is always exciting getting a new batch of beautiful linens! :) Thanks for visiting! xo Heather

      Delete

Thank you kindly for leaving your comments! It truly makes my day. I will always do my very best to reply or answer any questions. If you are a no-reply blogger, you can leave your email so I can reply or answer your questions. Have a blessed day!